Many autopilots, groundstations, integration APIs, projects and other software packages use MAVLink. A non-exhaustive list of some users/contributors of this project is given below.
The following autopilots are known to support MAVLink and are actively being developed (last release less than a year ago).
- PX4 (creator of the protocol)
- ArduPilot (APM) (key contributor to the protocol)
- AutoQuad 6 AutoPilot (contributor)
- SmartAP Autopilot
- QGroundControl (original reference implementation)
- APM Mission Planner
- APM Mission Planner 2 (QGroundControl w/ APM MainWidget)
- UgCS (Universal Ground Control Station)
- Side Pilot
- AutoQuad GCS (QGroundControl w/ AQ MainWidget)
MAVLink Wrapper/Developer APIs
A number of higher level APIs have been written to simplify interacting with MAVLink autopilots, cameras, ground stations, etc. (MAVLink is a relatively low-level API). These wrappers typically provide implementations of the main Protocols and simple/specific interfaces for sending commands and accessing vehicle information. The list here contains actively maintained implementations.
- Dronecode SDK - MAVLink API Library for the Dronecode Platform (cross platform, optimised for PX4).
- Dronecode Camera Manager - Adds Camera Protocol interface for cameras connected to Linux computer
- Rosetta Drone - MAVLink wrapper around DJI SDK (fly a DJI drone with a Mavlink-based GCS, code: https://github.com/diux-dev/rosettadrone)
- pymavlink - MAVLink python bindings
- MAVROS - ROS to MAVLink bridge