Many autopilots, ground stations, integration APIs, projects and other software packages use MAVLink. A non-exhaustive list of some users/contributors of this project is given below.
The following autopilots are known to support MAVLink and are actively being developed (last release less than a year ago).
- QGroundControl (original reference implementation)
- Mission Planner
- UgCS (Universal Ground Control Station)
- Side Pilot
- Inexa Control
- Synturian Control
A number of higher level APIs have been written to simplify interacting with MAVLink autopilots, cameras, ground stations, etc. (MAVLink is a relatively low-level API). These wrappers typically provide implementations of the main microservices and simple/specific interfaces for sending commands and accessing vehicle information. The list here contains actively maintained implementations.
- MAVSDK - MAVLink API Library (C++, Python, Swift (iOS), Java, JS) that aims to be fully standards-compliant with MAVLink common microservices.
- Dronecode Camera Manager - Adds Camera Protocol interface for cameras connected to Linux computer
- Rosetta Drone - MAVLink wrapper around DJI SDK (fly a DJI drone with a Mavlink-based GCS, code: https://github.com/diux-dev/rosettadrone).
- pymavlink - MAVLink python bindings.
- MAVROS - ROS to MAVLink bridge.
- DroneKit - MAVLink API Library (Python, Android) and Log analysis tool (optimised for ArduPilot).